The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync Fix: reboot 3x and sit on router! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I had multiple, MAJOR problems syncing to my iPhone this morning (I use Bonjour sync with a 2G iPhone and MacBook Pro running latest Leopard); haven't seen problems like this in months.

Even though I've used OF since alpha and have used sync successfully for a long time, probably over a year, I'd never seen the problems I had this morning. Even AFTER completely deleting the database on my iPhone, I got two WEIRD error messages:

(1) Unable to synchronize database with server. Operation could not be completed. (Cocoa error 512.)

and

(2) No wi-fi connection. (!!!)

The solution was to reboot both my MBP and my iPhone 3x, park them RIGHT next to my AirPort Extreme, and start over.

The whole thing was weird, and maybe just due to my iPhone being 2 years old. Dunno.

I'll be installing SL this weekend. Maybe that will improve things! :)

Actually, now that I've deleted about 50 projects and fixed the weird sync problem(s), everything is running more smoothly. Nice.