The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hoisting: Matching Column with Sections in Utility Drawer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I'm using OO-PRO 3.9.5.

After creating a detailed, multi-column outline, I then moved one of my columns all the way to the left to make it the "first" column.

I had expected that the information in this column would then match the Section Labels in the Utility Drawer. Oddly, this did not happen. The Section Labels in the Utility Drawer are now drawn from the "second" column (which was originally the first!)

Short of recreating my outline as a new document, is there a way to choose which column is used for Section Labels?

I'm not sure if this makes sense. I've included an image to help explain it.

Thank you in advance for considering this mind-boggling dilemma. :)

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oo-pro-hoisting.jpg
Views:	1104
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	2260  

The text shown in the section list will always match the outline column (the one with the handles and shows indenting). If you don't mind manually editing the xml of your file, you can change which column is the outline.

Or, you can do it through the app by:
-Creating a new file
-Create the same number of columns with the same column type in the order matching the original but this time the outline column will be Term column
-Then copy and paste into the new file

You may need to fix the styles a bit after pasting depending on what you have configured.

Let me know if you have any questions about this. Thanks!

Thanks so much DerekM!
I finally checked back on this issue and was very grateful to find an answer. :)