The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

"Error occurred while reading document" after 1.0.1 upgrade Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm getting this in a message box when OF tries to run, post upgrade:

Error occurred while reading document from '/Users/terryg/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus~.ofocus/84E01F59-98D8-4B35-A1B7-932A5087F157:E66CDD02-CB8B-4A8D-9F3C-31FF653DBDBB.xml'. Check the console for a more detailed error.

The console has some more stuff (which was sent to support).

I can run OF by launching via double-click on a backup file, but I can't rebuild the database (I get the error above) or revert to backup (I get "Could not copy backup to library").

Am I alone? Is there a way to completely wipe out and start over, yet somehow retain my data for import?

sigh.

-----

ok, I think I'm happy again. Since I was able to use the backup file, I tried moving my database file around using the Preferences pane. When I saw that I wasn't getting an error with my database file pointing at the backup file, I moved the database back to ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Omnifocus.ofocus. All seems to be right in the world again.

If you read this far, thanks !

have a good weekend, I'm now back on track.