The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Hi... new to omniweb 2 quick questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi-
I am new to omniweb and i got 2 big questions
1. In gmail, I cannot get my "Quick Contact" to show up (which means I cannot do gmail chat with my friends). Is there any fix to this??

2. Let's say I set my homepage (start page) at www.google.com
Why everytime I open new tab, this new tab opens the start page of www.google.com, is there any way that I can disable it and only make it open my start page on the first tab only (ie: first time i open new windows only and not every single new tab)

Thank you very much

Last edited by illutionz; 2007-03-16 at 05:49 AM..
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by illutionz
1. In gmail, I cannot get my "Quick Contact" to show up (which means I cannot do gmail chat with my friends). Is there any fix to this??
It partially works if you set the user agent to Firefox (using site preferences), for example. This makes it possible to see your contacts, but in my experience the chat itself doesn't work, OW seems to stuck forever on I don't know what :) Maybe it's my connection here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by illutionz
2. Let's say I set my homepage (start page) at www.google.com
Why everytime I open new tab, this new tab opens the start page of www.google.com, is there any way that I can disable it and only make it open my start page on the first tab only (ie: first time i open new windows only and not every single new tab)
read here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...rkspaces+blank
 
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by illutionz
1. In gmail, I cannot get my "Quick Contact" to show up (which means I cannot do gmail chat with my friends). Is there any fix to this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustomela
It partially works if you set the user agent to Firefox (using site preferences), for example. This makes it possible to see your contacts, but in my experience the chat itself doesn't work, OW seems to stuck forever on I don't know what :) Maybe it's my connection here...
These are known problems with Javascript and Webkit. It's not your connection Gustomela!
There seems to be no doubt about it that if you want to use Google Chat through a browser, Firefox is sadly the best option. On the other hand you can use a multi-protocol IM client like Adium (http://www.adiumx.com/) ... I have always preferred Proteus, but as file transfer has been broken for some time in Proteus and development seems somewhat traumatic to say the least, I have got used to Adium. Adium works fine with any Jabber protocol account, including google chat.

Mark
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiamenese
These are known problems with Javascript and Webkit. It's not your connection Gustomela!
Thank you for explaining! Since everything seems to work quite fine when you spoof the user agent to pretend it's FF, I assumed it could be my connection hanging on something, but I didn't investigate :)

Quote:
There seems to be no doubt about it that if you want to use Google Chat through a browser, Firefox is sadly the best option. On the other hand you can use a multi-protocol IM client like Adium
I do use Adium for all my accounts (Gtalk included) and I like it a lot :) But it seems there's plenty of people who prefer or need to use a browser to access Gtalk :) Personally it's not my thing ;)

Ciao!
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A few quick questions drossi147 OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 2 2009-11-19 03:16 PM
Just a quick note of appreciation for 'OmniWeb' mrtaber OmniWeb General 2 2007-11-06 03:35 PM
New omniweb user with a few questions atmporsh911 OmniWeb General 3 2007-10-22 04:56 PM
Switching from Safari to Omniweb, I have a couple of questions Brucedes OmniWeb General 10 2007-04-10 09:50 PM
New to Omniweb w/3 questions ult OmniWeb General 17 2007-03-09 06:25 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.