The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bookmarklets in OmniWeb 5.5? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been very, very happy with OmniWeb 5.5 since release. But one thing I miss greatly is bookmarklets -- JavaScript-loaded favorites that perform simple URL-based actions like posting to Del.icio.us, my blog, etc.

OW 5.5 doesn't seem to support these. Or am I wrong? Is there a way to turn it on? If not, can we expect to see it soon?

Thanks...

Mine work, you shouldn't need to do anything. Do they work in other browsers?

Ugh, now I feel stupid. Ad blocking was preventing these bookmarklets from working. Thanks, I've got them fixed now!

This behaviour certainly has to be a bug. Popups triggered by bookmarklets are blocked even though my preferences are set to allow requested popups. This essentially scuttles the use of bookmarklets in OW, as you are forced to choose between putting up with popups or not using bookmarklets!

The other bookmarklet bug is that dragging bookmarklets to the bookmark bar causes the actual script to be used as the bookmarklet name, rather than the linked text. This works properly in every browser except OW.

This is indeed a bug and I just gave it a nice bump in popularity. Sorry to keep you waiting on this.