The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multiple resources for a task, but only some overlapping dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I am currently evaluating OmniPlan and like what I have experienced so far. However, I am unable to find any info/figure out how to properly do the following. The situation is this:

I have a task that has three resources (developers) assigned to working on it. The task is to program a feature in a piece of software.

There are 3 developers assigned to it and the feature cannot be released to QA until all 3 are finished with their coding.

The code development is costed to require 1 work week (40 hours).

The problem I am trying to figure out is that developer #1 is assigned to work Mon-Fri, developer #2 only Tue->Thu, and developer #3 Thu and Fri.

How do I input this/represent it in OmniPlan? Currently, the way I have it in OmniPlan for the task, all 3 are shown to have an effort of 40 hours. I need to indicate that (1) developer 1 has 40 hours and scheduled is scheduled Mon-Fri of that week, (2) developer 2 is working only 24 hours (Tue->Thu), and (3) developer 3 is working 16 hours (Thu and Fri).

Thanks!
-Rich

-Rich

You'll need to break it into three sub-tasks, one for each developer.