The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Nested items in a project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi-

I'm wondering if the following is possible using the iPad version of OmniFocus.

I have a project, let's call it Project A. I create three actions for it:
- Action 1
- Action 2
- Action 3

My project is sequential and every action takes place in the same context, let's say @Home.

As with any other project, if I'm in context mode and am looking at my @Home context, I will see Action 1 listed (I have the view set up to show only what is available). When I mark Action 1 complete, I see Action 2. So on and so forth...

Let's say that I determined that Action 2 actually has a couple of steps to it, but I don't want to make Action 2 its own project. I nest some actions and now my project looks like this:

- Action 1
- Action 2
- Action 2.1
- Action 2.2
- Action 3

Going back to my @Home context view I see this flow as I work my way through:
Action 1 -> Action 2.1 -> Action 2.2 -> and then I see NOTHING from my project in my @Home context.

I would expect to see this:
Action 1 -> Action 2.1 -> Action 2.2 -> Action 3, or at the least:
Action 1 -> Action 2.1 -> Action 2.2 -> Action 2 (so I can then decide if Action 2 is indeed done) -> Action 3.

Is this possible... am I missing a setting somewhere or does this need to be a feature request?