The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How about a general state of the union address on OF at this point in time? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
Are you suggesting skipping the beta phase and going right into production?
Well, if Alpha lasts 6 months, I don't want to even see a Beta stage.

Time to fish or cut bait.

BZ

I prefer poop or get off the pot. ;)

Sorry, hoped to get some announcement up last week but iMovie 08 ate my homework. Or rather my quickstart video. Taught myself FCE this weekend and redid the new quickstart video. Has a little too much "myspace" charm about it right now, but I'll try to polish off the rough edges and we'll have that up along with other information.

Sorry to hear that iMovie ate the video...

Any idea when the movie will be posted?

I'm really looking forward to the video - there are a number of areas I find a little hard to get my "small" brain around in OF and I hope the video will help. I'm particularly perplexed (say that 5 times fast) by "Start Date" and how to use it as well as the "Review" function. Thanks in advance for the video!

Last edited by richardripley; 2007-11-12 at 02:17 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Schoonover View Post
Sorry, hoped to get some announcement up last week but iMovie 08 ate my homework. Or rather my quickstart video. Taught myself FCE this weekend and redid the new quickstart video. Has a little too much "myspace" charm about it right now, but I'll try to polish off the rough edges and we'll have that up along with other information.
What do you use for your screen cast? I am using iShowU.

At least someone is saying something. However, I think people need some firm delivery dates as we have waited quite a while for this. I know Omni makes great products but there is a threshold for getting the product out and having expectations drop off for a product.

As a relative n00b drawn to here via KGTD, I've been aching for any scrap of info around OF's development and (dare I say it) release. This community's patience is remarkable -- another week and I would've cracked and started a frothingly incoherent version of this topic myself.

So yes, an update would be much appreciated.

I am very interested in the following:

— will OF work with the TODO's in Leopard's mail.app?
— will OF integrate with the iphone?

Thanks,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Schoonover View Post
Sorry to hear this! Any update on the current status?

I'm interested in hearing

1. Are there any more new features we can expect in 1.0?

2. When are you going to fix some persistent bugs (including quick entry sorting of projects and contexts)?

Thanks.

Your fans are crying, make a statement about something, anything really at this point.

Could you give us an update on the screencast? I need to commit to a gtd type app but don't want to be guessing at the best/correct way of using OF when I know a screencast is due.

Thanks for your work : )