The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Problem adding SShot to Q. Entry window [A: assign keyb. shortcut for Grab service] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Okay, for you people still having trouble with this -- if you try to do the same operation, except from TextEdit (make sure your document is RTF, not plain text), does it work there?

Yes, it works in TextEdit.

"Capture selection from screen" does not work if I running Quick Entry Window -->"Capture Selection from screen" from the menu under button at bottom-left corner of this window.

If I'm running OmniFocus-->Services-->Capture Selection from Screen, screenshots works.

Last edited by prepin; 2010-03-05 at 04:29 AM..

I had no idea that the gear menu in the quick entry window would show available services, but when I enabled the Grab service, there it is, and I can reproduce the behavior.

I'm unsure if that's intended to work and it not doing so is a bug, if the menu item showing at all is a bug, or what. The quick entry window is part of OmniFocus, but we have to jump through some extra hoops to get it to show up without making OmniFocus frontmost; this may be fallout from some of that.

Thanks, guys! I'm going to file this so the team knows about the situation, but for the time being, looks like clipping into the main OmniFocus window is the way to go...

Now that I've thought of this a bit more, I think I know what the issue is: Clicking on the gear menu removes the edit cursor from the note field. The service sends the clipped image data, but OmniFocus doesn't know where to put it.

Yep, that's it - if you assign a keyboard shortcut to the service, you can use it in both the main OmniFocus window and in the Quick Entry window.

Adding this info to the report I filed, but I'm not sure if this is a bug; I think clicking something in-window is meant to change the focus.

I suppose, if possible, we should prevent those service items from showing in that menu, since they won't work when clicked...

Last edited by Brian; 2010-03-05 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: edited for clarity

Ah, I think I missed the essential quick entry part of the problem because it didn't get mentioned in the actual body of the posting...sorry about that!