The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clean Up not working as per videos? [A: video out of date, will be updated.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the "Actions & Projects" video (
http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omnifocus/videos/) it shows how you can go into your Inbox and start dumping actions out quickly, then group actions under a Parent item. When they click the "Cleanup" button, that parent item becomes a "Project" in the Library.

This doesn't work for me, I've created a video showing the problem (sorry the sound doesn't work, but you'll be able to see the problem without the verbal explanation).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6eCQuidEjs

Something I'm doing wrong?

Sorry for the confusion this caused! The videos were made using an older version of OmniFocus; version 1.8 included a change that affected this. The app used to assume that any parent item in the inbox was a new project, but starting with that version, it no longer makes that assumption. (You can now create an action group in the inbox, in other words. Previously, you couldn't.)

The guy that does our videos has been really busy getting everything ready for Macworld, but that's later this week. Once we get back from San Fran, replacing that video is at the top of his To-Do list.

In the meantime, Edit -> Outlining -> Outdent (Command-[ is the keyboard shortcut) will turn that item into a project...

Thanks, at least I didn't find a bug ;)