The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem with Contexts-- bug? please help! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Having a problem when using Contexts. I'll enter the correct context for a task, but later, when I go back to review my projects & tasks, I see that some of the contexts have changed to something else. It replaces the correct context with one of my topmost named context sub categories.

For instance, I have contexts for the following: "Errands", "Home", "Office", "Mac", etc... The topmost named context "Errands" currently has 4 sub-contexts:

"Errands: Apple Store", "Errands: Best Buy", "Errands: Lowes",
"Errands: Other"

When I add tasks, I make sure to use the correct context, of course. But later, when I review, I find the same tasks now show the wrong context, such as the task "Do 50 situps" now has a context of "Errands: Apple Store". And this always seems to occur with one of the categories of the topmost "Errands" context.

Please help-- this problem has made using contexts for anything practically useless, since most are incorrect.

I'm using version 1.0.3 on Mac OS 10.5.4.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Mike

Mike,

That sounds like a potential database corruption. Have you tried File --> Rebuild Database? (Be sure to back up first.)

Curt