The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Stupid question - Is 'release candidate' final/production quality? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Stupid question, and feel free to tell me where I should have found the answer:

Is an upgrade called a 'release candidate' considered to be a full production quality version of the software, rather than an alpha/beta? Or does the word 'candidate' mean it's a sort of final final test version before you declare that, yes, that worked, and now we'll call it a true non-test release?

I realize that there are always bugs and no one can guarantee a lack of them, I just wanted to be sure of whether I'm still just barely in test if I download this, or if it's past the test phase.

Thanks,

Gardener