The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hyperlink to external info Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Most of my tasks have a lot of operational documentation associated with them. Is there a way to link to a URL, for example a ticket tracker or wiki page?

I'd like to be able to use Omniplan to review a project with the team, and jump right to the team's working documentation for each task or task group.

Yes, just drag a URL into the notes field of an action or a group and you're all set! You can also attach things to projects. For more details, see "Attaching files to a project" in the OmniPlan help.

Thanks for the response.

Dragging the url from my browser works.

My first attempt was at pasting a URL into the notes field but it didn't result in a clickable link, just plain text. Drag/drop is fiddly, so it would be nice to have copy/paste support for this in a future release.

If you copy/paste the text of a URL, it is pasted in as text. If you want it to be a clickable link, select it and right or control-click to bring up a contextual menu, the second item of which is Make Link. Standard Cocoa text editing behavior, I think...

Thanks for the tip. My indoctrination into 'thinking different' continues.

I don't mean to suggest "duh, you should know that", btw, but rather "if you remember this, you can apply it in many Mac applications"...and there's a lot of other useful stuff on that contextual menu, too.

If you have other questions not related to Omni apps, feel free to PM me here.