The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export to Word @ Full Resolution Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am wanting to paste an OmniGraffle graphic into MS Word document. I have tried Cut and Paste and numerous export formats and get the graphic to print smoothly in Word. It prints w/ jagged edges and pixelation. What am I doing wrong?

I believe png was one of the better export options, but I don't remember the details any more. Using OG drawings in Word is indeed not what it should be, but I guess Microsoft is to blame here. If only they would build LinkBack support in... but then there's probably an issue of compatibility with Word on the Windows side :-(.

As aaike suggested, use PNG. Word doesn't handle PDF files very well, to say the least, and even though EPS does work, it is quite difficult to use it in Word, so PNG is the easiest solution by far. The results are really acceptable if you make sure to use a resolution of at least 300 dpi when exporting the graph.

I used export to png but quality is poor. Is there a resolution setting for the export? I missed that..... never mind... just found under JPEG the "Bitmap Resolution". For those of you on the hunt for Hi-Res export from OG. Go to Export-JPEG bitmap on format menue in print box- Select export area- Scale- Bitmap Resolution. Hit save and drop the resulting file into Word.

Last edited by JoeDokes; 2006-07-10 at 12:03 PM..

Try Copy As Vector Pict from the Edit Menu --> Copy As submenu if you're running OmniGraffle 4.