The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Connection timing out on Omni Sync Beta [A: We're investigating; apologies.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Okay, we're officially on Day 2 of Focusageddon. Really? It all does seem related to traffic. Yesterday around 4 pm PST syncing worked fine. Worked fine this morning until about 6:30 PST. Now slower than molasses again.

Has the problem been identified? Are steps being taken to resolve?

Needless to say, hard to "focus" when waiting forever for a sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
I'm about to move to iCloud and wanted to use the Omni Sync Service, but having a little trouble. Last night it was timing out all the time and I got the exclamation mark shown in the sync button. Having read on the server issues, I think that might have been the cause. However, this morning it does not time out, but rather keeps asking me for me login details every time I sync. Without an error on the details being wrong, it just keeps asking for the same details over and over again.
This generally means one of two things: either the "remember in keychain" box hasn't been checked in the login form (if this is happening in the Mac app) or there are actually multiple entries for the server in the keychain on the device, and OmniFocus is confused and trying to use a keychain entry that includes a typo of some sort.

If the former idea doesn't cover what you're seeing, contact our support folks (800.315.6664 or via email) and they can help get you up and running. Sorry for the trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellm View Post
It all does seem related to traffic. Yesterday around 4 pm PST syncing worked fine. Worked fine this morning until about 6:30 PST. Now slower than molasses again.

Has the problem been identified? Are steps being taken to resolve?
It's definitely load-related - as the start of the business day rolls across the US, load goes up. We've seen slowdowns in the past, but this week seems to be affecting the server more severely than we've seen before.

The work we did yesterday certainly helped, but didn't completely eliminate the lag this morning. We had some architectural changes planned for this week anyway to help with the problem - we're proceeding with those and taking some additional steps as well.

We'll stay on it until the problem is resolved, of course. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Brian: Thanks for the explanation. Many thanks for staying on this and continuing to improve the service!