The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

YOUR GUESS: How much it will cost vs. how much it should cost? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I believe below 20$ and above 50$ would be too less or too much therefore i vote for the sweet spot in between.

Omnigraffle for mac costs 100 and they sell for 50$, so half.
Omnifocus costs 80 so half would be 40$ BUT many users have already paied for the iphone version also.
Because of that and the factmwe have been waiting for so long, i believe they should start low so that early adopters would benefit, and with version 1.1 raise the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
Joke aside, how can anyone drink Jack Daniel's?
hypotyposis, having carefully checked the thread, no one was suggesting that whpalmer4 was drinking (!) Jack Daniels. Those of us in the know, believe that the Member concerned is chained to a trolley in Omni Group's basement and intravenously fed from the roof. :p

Quote:
As argued in another thread, I don't consider the iPad to be just a big iPhone (thats what eventually got me buying it -I initially thought it was just that but after some time playing with one realized it was incredibly different, and, how to put it?... Magical? *insert Unicorns here*).
Please, no really... PLEASE!... don't get me started on Unicorn actions. I have learnt, through bitter experience, they simply can't jump, probably because they are sodding robots.

LMAO aside, I will happily pay, within reason (<$1000), whatever Omni decides to ask for OmniFocus for iPad. However, I'm afraid that I disagree with you, hypotyposis, I believe high pricing does deter volume selling.

Quote:
I'm trying to sell my soul...
No problem. I suggest doing a quick search for 'Sith Lords' on the OmniFocus for iPhone Board. Make contact with the relevant Members, you'll be in charge of the Empire in no time, and probably end up richer than God! :)

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-07-14 at 03:22 PM..

$30 is what I want to pay. I'd like it to be $20 since I already own the desktop and the iPhone version - I.e. Loyalty discount, but $30 is a no brainer.

$40 is what I paid for the desktop version when it was beta. The race to avoid $80 played a big part here.

I'll pay $40, but I'll be a bit annoyed. And it better be bullet proof and it better be obviously better than the iPhone version. I'll be watching that intro video to help me make the call.

If it's $50, it better have all desktop features except anything prohibited by iOS4 like Mail clippings etc.

If its $50, I'll likely consider not buying the desktop version when OF2.0 hits.

At least there's a method for offering upgrade discounts on the desktop version, so I reserve the right to change my mind if the pricing for OF2.0 is flexible. However, it seems like OF iPad has to hold us out for a while since OF2.0 looks like a ways out now.

OmniOutliner for ipad will be an interesting one to price. Most of us got that for free with our macs, so it's hard to tell what value people put on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
OmniOutliner for ipad will be an interesting one to price. Most of us got that for free with our macs, so it's hard to tell what value people put on it.
I also find that with OmniFocus and OmniGraffle I have little use for OmniOutliner. In fact, none.

All my notes go into evernote. Work related lists go into Google Wave.

Maybe to build really good check lists?

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodiebrad View Post
My guess:
Omnifocus for iPad...

1) WILL COST: $39.99
2) SHOULD COST: $19.99

I'm wondering what others think, take your best shot!
I absolutely agree

The unfortunate thing is that because so many apps are free or in the $1.99 region many people will balk at anything over $9.99. Unfortunate because many people expect apps to be cheap but do not realize you really do get what you pay for.
My experience with Omni(insert program) is that the programs are not only well thought out but extremely well executed. A thing many developers do not do.
Personally if the Omni for ipad is less than $100 I believe it will be worth it.

I'm hoping that $29.99 is the sweet spot by comparing the cost of OmniFocus for Mac to iWorks, but think they'll probably put it out at $39.99.

I'll pay a fair bit for this app, but I expect Omni should consider charging considerably less than $20. On the Mac I can use a trial version. On the iPad, its all or nothing, and folks aren't going to pay $40 for something they aren't sure if they want. However, they might pay $9.99 on speculation if it is well-reviewed. So who will Omni go after, their hardcore base or the unwashed masses? I bet they'd make a lot more money at $9.99 than $40 or even $20.

Some developers release a limited version for free as a demo. Perhaps an app that only allows 20 or so tasks to be entered.

That might help to rope in a a few more OF devotees!