The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Bad Gateway" sync prob. on iPod [SOLVED: Restart OF on Mac if network changes] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all, apologies in advance for the long post.

I updated Omnifocus to v1.6 a few days ago and since then I have had trouble syncing my ipod touch 2g.

Up until now I have been syncing wirelessly using bonjour with no problems. I have checked the forums about this but I can't see anything relevant, and I have tried re-installing omnifocus on the ipod, and resetting the bonjour settings both on the mac and the ipod.

When I attempt to sync I get the the following error message on my ipod touch:

>
Unable to synchronise database with server.
Unable to perform WebDAV operation

The (machine name).local server returned "bad gateway" (502) in response to a request to "MOVE/omnifocus.ofocus/2090316620141....etc
<

And the ipod will synchronise to the Mac, but not the other way round, so anything I've entered on the ipod is not transferred.

I don't see why there is a WebDAV error though as I have not set that up (or touched the settings).

Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed that is causing this? I realise that I could set up another sync method such as WebDAV but I've been perfectly hapy with Bonjour up to now as it does everything I need. Please help.

ps: I am running omnifocus 1.6 on an emac running OS X 10.4. if that makes any difference.

I can answer the easy question - we're still using WebDAV to do your syncing; we're just using Bonjour to find the sync server on your local network.

The error message basically means that your Mac and your iPhone are having trouble talking to each other - maybe the settings on your wireless router changed, or the firewall on your mac got tweaked?

There are a couple of things that could be going on here; if the above doesn't ring any bells, we'll need to gather some information that isn't going to fit in a forum post. If you email the support ninjas and reference this forum thread in your email, we can help you straighten this out.

Will do, thanks.

In case other customers run into this - apparently the built-in web server we use to do Bonjour syncing will return "Bad Gateway" if the network changes while it's running.

(Example: a laptop is carried from one wireless network to another while OmniFocus is running.)

The suggested workaround is to restart OmniFocus. I'll edit the thread of the title to make this more find-able.