The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ReQall -> email -> OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It doesn't help that OF keeps changing the rule every time I open OF Preferences.

I'm really confused. I don't understand why this works for you, doesn't work for me, or what is going on with the rule and the script. Is there a log somewhere to look at?

Okay, I was able to get running the modified Jott - OF script from here:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8735

If anyone can tell me how to modify this script to automatically set a context, I'd appreciate it.

I still don't know why the Omnifocus script didn't work on my system, but oh well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtoe View Post
I made this work last night with OmniFocus 1.5 via Mail.app. I enabled email notification on reqall, then in OmniFocus Preferences->Mail enabled the "Add Mail Rule..." and added reqall@reqall.com as an "Allowed From Address".

Then, in Mail.app Preferences->Rules I modified the rule OmniFocus created so that if From Contains reqall@reqall.com the actions are performed.

That's it, new reqall items are added to your OmniFocus inbox whenever you check your mail. It would be nice to be able to set the context and project directly based on the reqall message, I'm going to look into that later.

I haven't tried, but I'm pretty sure you could make this work in Entourage or any other email app which can trigger AppleScripts from Rules/Actions.

Slightly better walkthrough on my blog here:

http://web.me.com/christopherhulett/...ia_Reqall.html

Cheers!

Thank you so much! I got it to work! Thanks much

I know this is an old thread, but I am having issues with the above mentioned script. Anyone have this working still?

oops.Got it working.