The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Daily task not done today, how do I remove it... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi I have several tasks, which belong to varied projects, which repeat daily. I don't always get those tasks done :(

I've looked into four options:

1. Deleted the task - but this deletes the whole task indcuding any further repeats.

2. Drop context - this is really not what I want to do. Enough said.

3. Drop project - again, not what i want to do.

4. Drop today's task - yes! Oh wait, there's no feature for that :(

So, how do I get rid of the task in my due views without lying and marking it complete and without stopping it from being a recurring task? Please tell me there's any easier way than reseting the task repeat?

Last edited by iangall; 2008-11-30 at 08:06 PM..

I am asking a similar question over in this thread
Tasks that won't get done

The only way I know is to complete it.

Or manually change the start date.

What's more important? Getting things done going forward, or having a perfect record of things you've done in the past? If the former, mark it complete.

First, make sure that the "Repeat from:" option in the Inspector window is set to "Completion Date" instead of "Assigned Date." Then do one of the following:

a) Let the task stay there in the OF window staring at you in red, until you finally get tired of it and get the task done, OR

b) Reschedule the incomplete task to another date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iangall View Post
Hi I have several tasks, which belong to varied projects, which repeat daily. I don't always get those tasks done :(

So, how do I get rid of the task in my due views without lying and marking it complete and without stopping it from being a recurring task? Please tell me there's any easier way than reseting the task repeat?
Here's another option for you, if you do want that record of what you did or didn't do.

5. Mark task as completed. View completed task and edit to reflect that you skipped it, such as "Skipped: wash the dishes" -- now the record is correct, and you can easily search for things that you have skipped if the need arises. Note that you'll want to mark it completed before editing it, or you'll get a duplicate of the "Skipped:" notation, although depending on your clean-up and view settings and so on it might be more convenient to edit the new one than the old one.

Or mark it complete and then delete the completed one (since the next iteration will already have been generated).

Quote:
Originally Posted by keone View Post
First, make sure that the "Repeat from:" option in the Inspector window is set to "Completion Date" instead of "Assigned Date."
I find this takes care of most of my skipped tasks.

The task only shows once in the Due section until you mark it as completed. It then gets copied to the next repeat date.