The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trouble Syncing IPhone & Mac Laptop via Bonjour Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi I'm new here... and I've already spent $80.00 on OF & $20.00 on OFIPhone... Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it even if it's only been 1 week from purchasing both.

My main frustration, I can't sync my Mac to my iPhone. I don't wanna spend another $99 for mobileme and I don't know how to WebDav. I just want to be able to sync via wifi, but it doesn't work.

I've tried the following
  1. uninstalled OF on iphone & started from scratch
  2. I then tried to send via wifi - my iphone would find it but it won't sync.
  3. I then tried sending OF data to my email so i can click on the link, but everytime I tried to do that, it can't connect to server!

I have a legit IPhone on AT&T - so I don't understand what the problem is..

Help?

I'm sorry if this a duplicate post. . I'm trying to search for links to help me.

Is this over a home WiFi network or work or what? I was recently at a conference center where the WiFi was configured to block peer-to-peer connections. This was preventing Bonjour syncing.

Curt

Thanks Curt! I'll check our settings @ home.

mikailani, you may also want to check the firewall settings on your Mac - it's not uncommon for it to be allowing OmniFocus on your Mac to broadcast your settings, but then blocking the inbound connection from the phone version.

If you're running Mac OS 10.5, I'd recommend that you use the "Set access for specific services and applications" option. That will allow OmniFocus to talk through the firewall, but blocks other applications from doing so.

(If you have Mac OS 10.4 installed, check this post for info on how to configure the firewall on that version of the OS.)