The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GTD emotional "Bankruptcy"/Starting Over - Advice please? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmgeek View Post
On a separate note, I wish OF had better handling of reminders of the 'why' for each Project.
I put the why in the notes portion of the project. I include the purpose, the outcome I want and anything else that seems relevant. A lot of times that's my main project support material filing location too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
The only projects that should have an "active" status should be the ones you are willing to work on this week.
While that is probably canonical GTD for some of us that doesn't work very well. I keep active all projects I can do during the season I am in. So many of mine are weather dependent that I need the options to work on them when the weather cooperates within the season I am in. I do major on-hold of no longer relevant projects quarterly. Also for me, projects can span years or even decades. Not typical GTD but then I'm not in a typical business.