The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

What I got done today (completed) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to create a perspective that will show which tasks I completed today, or on a particular day, or week?

View Menu -> Show View Bar
Project grouping (top left) -> completed projects
Action Grouping (second filter from the left) -> Completed

This will only show you completed projects.

Create Perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
View Menu -> Show View Bar
Project grouping (top left) -> completed projects
Action Grouping (second filter from the left) -> Completed

This will only show you completed projects.

Create Perspective.
I too am interested in viewing completed actions. It gives one a feeling of acomplishment, and it serves as a kind of personal log. In fact, I hope future versions of OF include a "history" mode for this type of documentation.

Anyways, I set up a perspective as you suggested.

I had to leave the first two filters set to all, otherwise it would only show items in which the entire project was finished. So my only perspective filter is "action = completed", which I then noticed is essentially the canned "Completed" perspective.

However, I am seeing one deficiency with this (and your suggestion does not address a similar request from the original poster): date relevancy.

I see that completed date is captured in teh Inspector.

Is there any way to display (and sort) the completion date in a column in a "completed" perspective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelande View Post
Is there any way to display (and sort) the completion date in a column in a "completed" perspective?
Not yet. I don't see a pressing need, but if you do, submit feedback.

If you want to see more about when you completed different actions:

Goto context mode, select all contexts (click contexts folder)

Group by "Completed"
Show only completed actions
Sort by Project

The main difference from the other suggestion is that this shows you completed actions whether the project is complete or not.

-P

Quote:
Not yet. I don't see a pressing need, but if you do, submit feedback.
Feedback feedback! :)

Being able to filter, group and sort in the perspectives by completed date is absolutely key for me. Why? Because I have to give my boss status reports (yesterday, last week, last month/quarter/year); keeping track of my to-do's in one place and my done's in another place isn't a sustainable system.

Please, let us use that completed date field!

Exactly.

Same for me.

I submitted thus through the feedback channel long ago.

I encourage anyone else who wants this feature to use feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraM View Post
Please, let us use that completed date field!
As a stopgap for unreachable views, I am using an Applescript which exports all the main columns, including completion date, to Omnioutliner Pro.

(It exports any projects / actions which are selected in the right-hand contents panel, sending the Done, Context, StartDate, DueDate, CompletionDate, Duration, and Flagged fields with them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
As a stopgap for unreachable views, I am using an Applescript which exports all the main columns, including completion date, to Omnioutliner Pro.

(It exports any projects / actions which are selected in the right-hand contents panel, sending the Done, Context, StartDate, DueDate, CompletionDate, Duration, and Flagged fields with them).
Rob's script has moved to here.

It's two years later...is it possible to limit the display of completed tasks by the completion date?

The above suggestions give me ALL the tasks that I have EVER completed.

Thanks.