The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sending iCal to do's to the iPhone OmniFocus?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to send/sync my iCal to dos into the iPhone Omnifocus? I have just set up and got everything to communicate/sync, but the iCal sync did not send the to dos into omnifocus? It sent what was in omnifocus into iCal but not the other direction.

I have other systems that import to do's into iCal. Would really love to get these to sync from iCal to omnifocus and then to iPhone.

Thanks in advance

OmniFocus for iPhone exports information to the Calendar application as a way of making alerts/reminders possible, but it's one-way. OmniFocus doesn't attempt to do a two-way sync.

OmniFocus for Mac does sync with the ToDo portion of iCal, but the feature is a holdover from the pre-iPhone days; it was intended to help you get your to-dos onto your Treo or similar.

As far as I know, there aren't any apps out there that will sync the ToDo database on your Mac with an iPhone. (The calendar app on the phone does not interact with the ToDo database.)