The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Publish OF to the cloud? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've looked around here and haven't found a solution yet. I work on several different machines. the macs have OF in sync through a WebDAV host. The windows machines are out of luck.

I'm wondering if there is a way to publish my projects and tasks to the cloud somewhere. I was hoping for Ta-Da lists. There was some talk of interaction with gmail task lists. I'm open to ideas that would allow me to check my lists on Windows or on unknown computers.

Thanks for any advice.

I'm wondering about publishing a context assigned to a co-worker — not sync-able, just viewable online, or exported somehow, then emailed...

Just as I'm typing this though, I'm realizing that I can highlight a project, hit Print, and choose under PDF, Mail PDF.

Not what you're thinking about though. I just found this article comparing Ta-Da lists with other options:

http://freelanceweekly.com/2009/03/2...is-the-leader/

Checkvist has some import options, so I wonder if you could export a folder / project as CSV, and then import into Checkvist. I think that'll work for me — still not syncing or "interacting" of course...

Hi there,

I implemented a synchronization between 37signals' Basecamp and OmniFocus. If you like you can try it here: http://www.spootnik.net

Don't hesitate to send me an email (lars@spootnik.net) if you have any further questions.

- Lars

$9 a month or more is more than I want to pay, in addition to Omnifocus.
I was just hoping to publish to gmail task list or my ta-da lists. both of which are free. Just someway of getting info out of Omnifocus and onto the net.

I can't complain, it syncs really well with itself.

Maybe I can publish to ical and have ical sync with Google Calendars. But then I would have to put a due date on everything. arggg.

"The windows machines are out of luck" - well said.

That's my problem. I love using OF. I have it on my Mac at home and my iPhone. Unfortunately I have a windows machine at work. I would be willing to pay a subscription fee to have OF in the cloud so I could use it from all points (work, home, iPhone). The best option would be to have a windows version of OF with all of them syncing but I fear that is too much to dream for....

You could set up a perspective or two that contain the essential information you want at work and write an AppleScript that would export those perspectives as simple HTML, then upload those to a web server to which you have access. You could probably even create an Automator workflow that would do that for you. (I haven't plumbed Automator's depths.)

You would not be able to make changes that way, but you could view your data and use paper and pencil to track changes for updating at home.

If your home computer is always on, you could also set up a VNC connection from your work machine, though that might involve some work setting up port forwarding and finding your IP address if it's assigned dynamically, plus it's a security risk.

I'm also one of the many people who are Mac users at home but issued a Windows computer at work. My productivity could be very favorably affected if I had full access from Windows at work. I do use the iPhone version, which is very helpful when on-the-move; however, difficult for regular reviews, planning larger projects, and doing substantial organizing.

My solution so far has been to take my personal Mac into work on occasion, but I don't always have it with me when I need it at work 25 miles from home.

Thanks for the great Mac and iPhone products. If we only lived in a Mac dominated world. :)