The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No more Inbox badge in menu bar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello.

Since updating to 1.9, I noticed that the menu bar no longer has a count for the Inbox items. Since I very rarely use Due dates, I would like to be able to see the inbox count, since we used to have that feature.

Is that gone for good? or can I get it back somehow?

Thanks,
Robin

I see an item count in my menu bar for inbox items.

What version are you on? I used to see it, but now that I am on 1.9, all I see is a little folder, which contains my perspectives. No inbox count.

I'm on:

Product: OmniFocus-1.9.x
Tag: OmniFocus/1.9/GM-v77.75.2
Date: 2011-04-08 14:25:07 -0700

Here's what my task list looks like:

http://cl.ly/1o37430T3C0V2P2t3l00

What RFBriggs is after is the 1.8.2 behavior, I think, where if you had no due soon or overdue actions, you would get a count of Inbox actions in the menu bar instead of the little OmniFocus icon or count that you get now. I haven't found a way to re-enable that behavior, but maybe the support ninjas can get the definitive word from engineering. It seems a bit arbitrary that they took away the Inbox count in favor of a little icon when nothing is due, but give us the count if something is imminent or overdue. That doesn't make much sense if the concern is someone won't know what a number in a gray oval means :-)

The icon + the color-coded count seems like a decent compromise (and indeed, that's exactly what the app putting up a menu right next to the OmniFocus menu on my system does).

Feedback via Help->Send Feedback...

Yes, what I'm looking for is the ability to know just by glancing up at the task bar how many items are in my inbox. I don't want to have to click on something to see a number. This functionality used to exist and was taken away. Sometimes that's not a good thing...

whpalmer4, what are you referring to on your menu bar?

The Library Books app, by Harold Chu. You give it your library card numbers and PINs, and it keeps track of when items are due, hold requests are filled, etc. Menu bar icon is a book and a number, with the book changing color to indicate that something is due, and the number is the number of items outstanding. Nice little app, plays with lots of different library catalog systems. The three of us are enthusiastic users of our local libraries, and this is a pretty painless way to keep track of our numerous borrowings.
Attached Images

Yep, that's perfect, exactly what we should be seeing.

Nice app! thanks for letting us know about it...