The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buying Omnifocus 1 or waiting? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

I currently have OmniFocus 1.10.4 with a temporary license. I want to buy OmniFocus Basic 2.
Because my temporary license is exceeded I can't use Omnifocus for now.

If I buy OmniFocus 1 it costs $79,99 can I get a refund if I upgrade to OmniFocus 2 basic ($39,99)?
Or is only an upgrade to OmniFocus Professional possible?

Kind regards,

Hello Gino

I'm sure that the OminGroup people will answer this when they get back into work. A couple of thoughts though in case you want to take the plunge and purchase this weekend...

1. Omni have always had a reputation for promptly giving refunds if the product isn't appropriate.

2. The private Beta isn't expected until March at the earliest, then there is public Beta and then release. If OF is the right solution for you, do you really want to wait until the Public Beta starts? How much is that productivity worth to you in the meantime?

3. You are probably going to want the Pro Version anyway once you understand the product fully and want to maximise usage - being able to run applescripts like the Template population one is huge benefit.

4. Finally, buying from Omni Directly and NOT the App Store means a) that you support the development and b) you get fixes and updates faster. It is only worth purchasing from the Appstore if you want a 'family' licence for the product (or you are incapable/unwilling to download and install updates yourself)


We do eventually plan to make a $40 edition of OmniFocus available, but we are creating that edition by removing features that are in the currently shipping product. If folks purchase OmniFocus 1, they'll get a free update to OmniFocus 2 when it ships. We have discussed possibly giving folks the option of upgrading to version 2 Standard if they choose to do so; by default, folks will get 2 Pro.

However, we don't plan to reduce the price of OmniFocus 1 to $40 - that would induce buyers' remorse in a bunch of folks who are currently happy with what they've already purchased. We don't want to do that.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AppleScript that adds Waiting For emails from (delegated tasks) to OmniFocus simplicitybliss OmniFocus Extras 139 2014-01-16 12:25 PM
"Waiting for OmniFocus 2" license expired [A: buy OmniFocus 1, get free upgrade to 2 when it ships.] Steven_ OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2013-02-11 08:54 AM
My Omnifocus usage, folders, contexts, waiting for, someday maybe, perspectives eatmytag Applying OmniFocus 0 2010-08-20 12:58 AM
Waiting context vs waiting project status? marshallj OmniFocus 1 for Mac 3 2009-04-13 02:49 PM

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.