The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Outliner and linking information... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I used to be a Notebook user until OnmiFocus came out and I migrated all my system to Omni. Yet, there is something i miss terribly in the note taking application, and that is the possibility to 'link' information from within the same app in different areas of the same file.

A typical scenario is. I might take notes of a business trip that I did, and one of the sessions happens to be a 1 on 1 with my GM. In that case I would love to be able to go to the 1:1 section and link to this part of the trip report, so I don't have to duplicate information. There are MANY scenarios where I need this...

Any chance this will make it to a future version?

Yes, we will likely be adding this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Yes, we will likely be adding this.
In which version and by when do you see this happening? Thanks a lot. Martin.

Well, there's no more planned feature updates for OmniOutliner 3. We are considering this for the next major release but we can not say anything more than that.

I agree this would be very, very useful.

In my case, my original plan was to "mark" rows and be able to export them to a new file. But, this linking idea is better. I can have a detailed section of notes, but a higher-level section that links as necessary. Everything in one file.