The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sending a Web page title to OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've started sending Web links to OmniFocus when I want to follow up on a page I'm reading.

I'd really like to be able to send just the page title and URL. But in OmniWeb, Send to Inbox is disabled if no text is selected. So I select either a key phrase from the body of the page or the page URL. If I accept the default quick entry, the resulting OmniFocus action looks like one of these:

Page text selected:
Action name: selected text (plain text - no formatting)
Action note: link to the page using the page title
(blank line)
selected text (formatted text, often in a huge font)
URL selected:
Action name: URL (plain text, often very long)
(blank line)
link to the page using the URL
What I'd like is to select nothing on the page and do a Send to Inbox, resulting in a concise OmniFocus action:
Action name: page title (plain text - no formatting)
[submitted as formal feedback]

I agree. This would be a nice improvement.

The one thing I might add is to have the same behavior occur when dragging a URL from Safari's address field onto the OmniFocus icon in the Dock.

[also submitted as formal feedback]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling
The one thing I might add is to have the same behavior occur when dragging a URL from Safari's address field onto the OmniFocus icon in the Dock.
Or drag-n-drop directly into the OmniFocus window.

At the moment, dropping into the window creates a new blank action, with a single-line note containing the URL text as a link. The page title never makes it to OmniFocus.

If I happen to have my OmniFocus window open, using drag-n-drop would be easier than Send to Inbox.

I realize iPhone is the prime focus of OmniFocus 1.1.

I really hoped that at least this one usability problem would be addressed in this new release.