The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"save"-button for browser-toolbar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i think it would be usefull to have a "save" button in the toolbar. for example when viewing a picture or pdf-file in the browser window, you press the save button and the file is saved to the downloads folder.
when clicked on a normal html-page, it could automatically save the page as a pdf-file.

Add the "print" button. Then print, "save to pdf" to get a pdf of web page.

As for images, you can merely drag the image to your desktop, or right-click and "download image to download folder".

keyboard shortcuts ftw.

Don't like keyboard shortcuts? Then another option is to get a multi-button mouse and assign buttons to specific apps. Then you can have a one-click to any of the above functions.

Don't like a multi-button mouse? Then another option is to assign keys on the keyboard to specific apps and keyboard shortucts. So one can just hit one key and activate a given function.

@handycam: then it would be easier to hold down the option key and select "save as pdf" from the file menu
but anyway, thanks for the hint

i know there are many possibilities to get an image or pdf to the desktop. what i am looking for, is a way to do it with just one click. (without the "save as .." dialog)
just press the button, and the file is on my desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas_g
@handycam: then it would be easier to hold down the option key and select "save as pdf" from the file menu
but anyway, thanks for the hint.

Nice tip, thanks. I didn't know that one.