The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bay Area OmniFocus Gathering, 2009 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
thx for posting up the pics Chris!

btw the gathering has already improved my life. Thanks Dennis for giving the heads up on the iphone syncing, and the number of zip files that backlogs if you don't do a full sync. I had over 2200! now i have 26, and OF iphone is zippy!

What i was doing before was syncing until i saw inbox items update, but then i'd close out the app. Now, i let the phone sync all the way through before closing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbarry34 View Post
btw the gathering has already improved my life. Thanks Dennis for giving the heads up on the iphone syncing, and the number of zip files that backlogs if you don't do a full sync. I had over 2200! now i have 26, and OF iphone is zippy!
I'm glad to hear it's working so well, Bill! I'm already looking forward to our next meeting.

-Dennis

Hellooo folks... is there anything on the calendar for the rest of 09? let me know if i missed any convos. thx group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbarry34 View Post
Hellooo folks... is there anything on the calendar for the rest of 09? let me know if i missed any convos. thx group!
Hi Bill. Nothing scheduled yet, but it's about that time again. I'll start making plans for the next meeting.

Any strong feelings on venue this time? Same place or something new?

-Dennis

I am interested

I'm in (new OF user in peninsula - very interested in what the local user community has to say)

I liked the relaxed atmosphere of our usual meeting place, but I think I would prefer seeing a few people present their systems while connected to an LCD projector. . . Maybe we can talk some Omni Folk into coming to one of our meetings.

Steve

Wow, sounds interesting (I live in Palo Alto)
And I'm struggling with basic application of GTD concepts ;(
Do you cover this ?

You're having trouble applying those concepts using OmniFocus, or just grasping the concepts at all? The former we would certainly consider fair game, the latter might be more easily done in a different setting with a smaller group.

They are not that different I'd say:
You really have problem applying methodology, only when you lack sound knowldege?
Isn't it the same for you all?