The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: FIFO Perspective for Inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
When processing my inbox, I often have the counter-productive tendency to process the items first that are easiest to process. Ideally, I would like to process inbox items one at a time, as David Allen suggests, but when there are 20 items in my inbox and I can see them all at the same time, it becomes very easy to pick and choose which items to process. So, in order to process in a more GTD fashion, I would like to see a "Process" perspective made for OmniFocus.

This "Process" perspective would be a perspective that would show one only item in the inbox at a time. Users could select whether to have items be processed on a First-In, First-Out basis (FIFO) or Last-In, First-Out basis (LIFO). Once the user had processed the current inbox item (added it to a project and selected a context), the next item in the inbox would appear in order to be processed.

If this feature were to be implemented, I think it would lead to a boost in productivity for a lot of users.