The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Default shadow settings? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, i want to add a small and subtle shadow to my drawings. However, the default settings are not good for that and i always have to readjust. I am wondering how to adjust these default settings. I think neither the default template nor the option+drawing palette trick (to adjust the shadow for newly drawn shapes) help here.

Option-click the Shape Tool to inspect it, adjust your shadows as desired, and that will set the new default.

Hope that helps,

Sorry, no, that was the palette trick i was talking about in my first post. I'm talking about the default shadow, for example, when i drag a shape from my stencils into my diagram. Surely, there must be some way to adjust that shadow?

Oh. Those shadows on objects on stencils are object-specific, you would have to edit a copy of the stencil and use it instead.

Hm, this is a pity. Isn't the idea of stencils that they are universally useable without editing? Anyway, good to know that it doesn't work. Thanks.