The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mail Clippings without MailTags! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thank you for adding mail clippings without mail tags! MailTags is broke with Leopard right now, but the only reason I was using MailTags was for the clipping.

OmniFocus Rocks!

I too was looking forward to this feature - I hadn't even tried clipping in any of the other apps before. It seems I have to select some text in the message before it will work - is that the case? It would be really nice if I could just hit the key sequence and it would work for the current message I'm viewing w/o having to select some text from it. Am I missing something or is there no way to do this?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave256 View Post
It would be really nice if I could just hit the key sequence and it would work for the current message I'm viewing w/o having to select some text from it. Am I missing something or is there no way to do this?
Mail doesn't support Services on whole messages, sadly. I've got a mail bundle I'm hacking on in my vanishingly small spare time to fix this. I've logged a bug with Apple to fix this too; I wonder who will get done first...

With iGTD it is easy when you mark an email just to hit a keyboard sequence and you get the entire email linked to. Why could this not work here?

Also, are there recommendations on what key sequence to use not to mess up built in shortcuts in Mac OSX or Mail?

There are advantages to either approach; using services, OmniFocus gets full rich text support with attachments, for example. Any self-respecting modern Mac OS X application should be supporting services. That an app from Apple doesn't in this edge case is certainly annoying.

I'm personally using cmd-shift-, (which on my US keyboard has the "into"-suggesting "<" character).

Edit: I should also note that we've logged this bug with Apple and will continue pestering them about it. If time permits we may also write a fix via a Mail bundle.