The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Task Dependencies and Title Indentation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi folks,

A little frustrated here, think I'm missing something obvious. I just started playing and using OmniPlan and I'm very happy with it so far, but I'm having serious trouble recreating this view:

Regardless of what I do, the task titles stay glued to their title column on the left instead of indenting toward their dependencies. How can I replicate the indentation of the task titles in that screenshot (taken from the OmniPlan Help tutorial)

Apologies if this is very simple to solve, I just haven't been able to figure it out. :)

Steve

When you create a document with the default template, the window you will find yourself looking at is composed primarily of two views. On the left, the Outline View presents a hierarchical columnated list of tasks. On the right, the tasks are laid out graphically on a timescale. This view is called a Gantt View.

The screenshot you have included is only displaying the Gantt View with task titles displayed to the left of the Gantt bars. To replicate that, go to the View -> View Options… menu item. For each of the three task types under "Task Labels", enable display of the task "Name" to the left of the Gantt bar. Feel free to try whatever variation you like.

If you don't want to see the Outline View at all, you can locate the border between the two and drag it to the left until it collapses. You can always drag it back from the left edge when you decide you need it after all.

As always, when you're finding yourself frustrated, it's far far better to contact our support staff directly than to post here, where responses are not guaranteed or likely to be timely.

Hope that clarifies things for you!

-Tom