The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't Add Text To New Inbox Item Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
On my iphone, when I click on the little folder icon at the bottom of the home screen, it brings up the New Inbox Item dialogue, but there's no way to add a "name" to this item. When I click on the blue arrow to the right of the checkbox, it brings up the Title and Note dialogue, but I can't enter anything.

I am have same problem. Anyone have a fix?

Yes, you have to set up "subscribe" on your iphone. Instructions are in the first thread of this forum.

I have the same issue here. I'm on iPhone OS 4.0.1. The keyboard refuses to appear when I click on the title field or the note field. This bug makes OF for the iPhone nearly useless for me, since I bought it to be able to record tasks right into OF while away from my PC. I'm going to send an email to Omni support. If the only response is "wait for the next version" I'm going to press Apple hard for a refund. An app which is missing one of a half-dozen advertised key features does not fulfill the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness.

Ryanhos, there probably won't be any need to press Apple for a refund, because most likely the excellent Omni support for which you pay a premium price will get your issue resolved, or they'll cheerfully return your money if they can't and you're within the initial 30 days.

Do you find that reacting like a vendor is trying to pull a fast one on you gets you better service? To me, your message reads like you think that they deliberately shipped a version that doesn't have an advertised feature. Am I misreading you?

This is a known issue. To work around it, simply restart the OmniFocus app.

Since we have multitasking in iOS4 now, the app doesn't exit when you return to the home screen. So you'll need to double-click your home button to view OmniFocus in the app switcher. Then tap and hold the OmniFocus icon in the app switcher. When the icon begins to jiggle, tap the little red close badge on the icon. Hit the home button once more and then relaunch OmniFocus. Your keyboard should now appear properly. I believe this issue only occurs on first launch after install.

Hope that helps.

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2010-07-30 at 09:52 PM..