The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interesting OW use with StickyWindows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Well I find it interesting...

I have a set of about 11 workspaces I flit between, often I want to keep one particular tab or window open for referral later but I am busy checking through all that I keep an eye on. And of course when I switch workspaces, that site is gone...

StickyWindows is a useful little addon which adds and extends the old System 9 Finder Popup window style to OS X. You simply drag a window to either side or bottom and it transforms to a tab. Showing is better than telling in this instance, the site has a neat video displaying its use.

Well anyway as regards OW. If you drag a window to the side of the screen, it becomes a tab and when you change workspaces...it endures. So you can pop it back out again.

Which would be very useful...if it was complete. The window is often not recognised by OW, but it's there and 'referrable to..'. But links don't work and OW doesn't recognise it in the window listings until you go back to the original workspace.

However limited it is I do find it a handy thing. StickyWindows is 15.95 bucks with an occasional nag screen, and a slick product...

Last edited by TommyW; 2007-04-28 at 12:18 AM..

I think Sticky windows is confusing OmniWeb a bit in whatever it does with the windows when it turns them into tabs.

If you want to successfully switch workspaces for a window, I'd suggest using the Workspace window to handle this. I'm with you though that an easier way to do this would be great!