The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sorting by next review date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks, all. I've filed a bug on this and alerted our team. We'll take a look ay sap ;)

Hmmm... I just did a focus on a folder, then clicked review. All the enclosed projects were sorted by next review and I wanted to see them in name order, so I selected to sort by name. Massive mistake! All the tasks within each project reordered by name. WHAT?! How is THAT possible? Ugh!

I want to call this a review sorting bug, but it probably really goes under stupid-user error. But shouldn't resorting of the interior tasks by name not be possible?

Looking forward to the hours of fixing that mess! :(

Are you using Edit->Sort, or the popup menu equivalent, to do your sorting? That does a destructive sort (actually changes the data). Changing the view bar merely changes the display. There's a place for both, but as you've painfully discovered, they aren't really interchangeable!

In the future, try the Edit->Undo command.