The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tab lock option and mouse gesture Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi guys,

this browser is great, i like it very much. couple of things I'd like to add includes,

1) allow to lock a tab
2) navigate tab through different key set, because most of other apps using Apple+Shift+left and right. Apple+up or down is great, if there's another way to close tab quickly, ex. Apple+return or something :)
3) mouse gesture, i used this a lot with other browsers

thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmaomao View Post
2) navigate tab through different key set, because most of other apps using Apple+Shift+left and right. Apple+up or down is great, if there's another way to close tab quickly, ex. Apple+return or something :)
You can use Keyboard Shortcuts in the System Preferences>Mouse and Keyboard panel to alter any shortcuts in the app. Incidentally, this is what I do for all other browsers so that I can use command-up and down to switch tabs in them instead ;)

Command-w closes a tab.

I totally agree that mouse gestures are an awesome feature for web browsing. Since many browsers (such as OmniWeb) don't include them, I've taken to using a system-wide gesture application, xGestures. It would definitely be nice to have them included in the browser, but xGestures (or something similar) works in all applications, and you can set specific gestures for each application in addition to global ones.