The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please submit bug reports and feature requests via email! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Okay, so I realise you prefer us to use the "Send Feedback" option in OF, but what about those of us who don't use Apple Mail? I assume the "Send Feedback" command uses a "mailto:" link or whatever to link to your mail app, but what about us gmail users who don't have a regular mail client on their machine? All the "Send Feedback" command does is bring up the "Configure Apple Mail" wizard -- and I hardly want to set up Apple Mail (even if I could -- I don't have a regular POP3 mail account any more) just so I can send feedback!

Is there any way to send feedback using gmail -- or even some way of copying the contents of the "Send Feedback" message so I can paste it into gmail for sending?

Thanks,

- Erik.

If you want to send us feedback from a webmail system, the important part is to include the build you're currently running. You can find the build number in the "About OmniFocus" dialog (found in the File menu).

So something like this:
To: omnifocus@omnigroup.com
Subject: 1.0 alpha 2 (v36.0.93011)

Hi Lizard,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
If you want to send us feedback from a webmail system, the important part is to include the build you're currently running. You can find the build number in the "About OmniFocus" dialog (found in the File menu).
Thanks!

How many outstanding messages do you have now? I ask this because the updates don't seem to be addressing my issues. So I assume it's because there are lot's of outstanding messages.

Also, when sending feedback on bugs, would you like visual feedback in the form of a screen recording showing what I did and what the program does in response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit View Post
How many outstanding messages do you have now? I ask this because the updates don't seem to be addressing my issues. So I assume it's because there are lot's of outstanding messages.
I doubt that the incoming message queue is what is used to prioritize bug fixes. Software development just doesn't work that way. As the support team processed over 20,000 feedback messages, I suspect the list of bugs is quite long. The fixes will likely be done in priority order, not in order of messages received. Lately Tim has been alluding in posts that they have a schedule for the bug fixes to include in 1.0.

Curt

I have been using the feedback option for a few issues that I have been having and never got a reply. this is why I am starting to think that the forums might be the best place for me to get answers. and I am not complaining I know you are very busy just posting my 2 cents. also I think that your software is great.

thanks
edward

Judging by the fact that I’m now getting mail replies to feedback I submitted in mid November I’d say they were a couple of weeks behind. Which doesn’t surprise me as there will have been an increase since the beta was opened to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We appreciate the feedback that we're getting from everyone, but we wanted to ask a favor.

If you send it to us in email, though, it goes straight into our trouble-tracking system, and I can guarantee that the appropriate folks will read it.
Today at 2:55 PM PDT I sent a note complaining about seeing times when I only want to see dates. At 3:06 PM PDT I get an update with it fixed. Don't you think this is carrying "Do it Now" to its extremes? ;-)

Nice job.

(I'm sure I couldn't have been the first to report it.)

I've been using the full yay-it's-been-released version of omnifocus for about a month now. And I use 3X5 index cards to keep track of things when I'm wandering about without my laptop (the so-called hPDA). I like the fact that when you hit print from omnifocus it prints whatever the current list is. However, I'd love to see some more configurable print options. I had no problem changing the paper size to 3X5, but the text by default shrank with the paper size. When I upped the scale to 200% (which seemed to be the only customizable option), the columns didn't resize. So, because I have start and due date displayed on my screen (even though, in the case of the list I printed this morning, those columns are blank) it "printed" blank space for those columns. I would like the option not to print blank columns. Also, because of that, I have my "action" field wrapping 7 lines long on the card, even though the right hand side of the card is completely blank. It's a waste of paper, even of little cards.

So, I'd love to see customizable print fields. And generally more control over printing. If this is to be useful for tracking items on the go as well as at my computer (and alas, I don't have an Iphone!), I need to be able to print with more precision.

Thank you!

Here is the information from the omnifocus build:
Product: OmniFocus-1.5
Tag: OmniFocus/1.5/rc2-v77.13.2
Date: 2008-10-27 12:46:39 -0700
Builder: kc
Host: tb104i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 106199

And I am running OSX 10.5.5

You can create another perspective for printing which doesn't show the unwanted columns, adjusts the width of the desired columns, etc. See the Page Setup and Printing help page for the details.