The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Correct behavior of Active contexts? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Folks,

What is the correct (expected) behavior of Active contexts? My understanding was with "Active" selected, only contexts which contained next or available actions within them would show up.

This isn't what's happening with me. Instead, I'm seeing a context show up, even though there aren't any next or available actions within them. The context does have a "remaining" action, but my filters are set to "Available", not "remaining".

Jason.

One additional note: i actually have a context which has *no* next/available/remaining actions, but still shows up in my active contexts list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
One additional note: i actually have a context which has *no* next/available/remaining actions, but still shows up in my active contexts list.
A couple of things might be at work here.

Do you have those contexts automatically assigned to projects (default context)? If so, I've seen the contexts show up even though I have no action assigned to the project. Also, if you have sub-projects underneath a project with default context, I have seen the context show up.

I believe the second one is definitely a bug, but I don't know whether the first is by design?

I have several projects with default contexts. I can't test anything because things now "work". Except for the "available/remaining" issue, that is.

This bugs me a bit: if I'm in an "available" filter, and there aren't any items showing in a context, that context should go away. If I switch to "Remaining" and that brings up items in a hidden context, that context should show up.

I'll file a bug on this.