The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDiskSweeper
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniDiskSweeper deleted all my photos and videos Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Good day, everyone! I was recommended OmniDiskSweeper on a Mac OS forum. I downloaded it, ran it, and all my photos and videos were gone! I know this is a good tool to have, but can somebody tell me the reason it would have deleted all these files? Can I recover them in some way? Thank you! (I have a Mac G4 iBook power PC with LEOPARD ON IT.)

Sorry for the trouble! If OmniDiskSweeper is asked to delete a file, it will ask "Are you sure?" and if the person using it says "Yes", the files will be deleted. It doesn't delete anything automatically or without asking for permission from the user, in other words.

In this case, it sounds like something that probably shouldn't have been was selected within the app and deleted. If you have Time Machine or some other backup system in place, that would be the way to recover from something like this.