The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDiskSweeper
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniDiskSweeper 1.9 is now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniDiskSweeper 1.9 is now available, fixing a common crash on Mavericks (which I just realized I forgot to mention in the release notes) and making the app more responsive, faster, and a little smarter:
  • More Responsive — OmniDiskSweeper is much more responsive when scanning a slow disk. (The interface used to block while scanning the list of files contained in a folder, which could cause very long pauses when scanning slow disks.)
  • Faster Scans of Remote Disks — Switched to scanning directory contents using API that only collects the small set of attributes that OmniDiskSweeper is actually going to use, so it can scan remote disks much more quickly.
  • Smarter Scan Order — Rather than scanning a directory to completion before starting on any other directories, OmniDiskSweeper will automatically skip between folders so you can more quickly get a sense of how big each directory is relative to the others.
  • System Requirements — The minimum system requirement is now 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

Enjoy!

Last edited by Ken Case; 2013-12-30 at 10:25 AM..

Just so you know, this new version has compiled .nib, which implies that I can't update the French localization anymore… (I tried to mention it in the other forum a while back but it doesn't look like it's being monitored much lately so I'm reposting this here…).

I'd be happy to update the localization of course :-)

Corentin