The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDiskSweeper
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnidisksweeper and SSD Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Has anyone else had problems with ODS and SSD disks?

I seem to be corrupting the volume every time I launch ODS on my MBPro 17-inch Unibody. I have to go back and fix the volume.

I'm on ODS 1.7.1 and SL 10.6.2.

Quick [and only] bump. Has anyone else had the problem of ODS corruption SSD drives?

You should also contact the support ninjas via email to omnidisksweeper@omnigroup.com or Help->Send Feedback. It's possible the problem has been seen by someone who reported it to them, but didn't post on the forum.

Out of curiosity, as it doesn't really seem like ODS should mess up your disk just by reading it, what happens if you run one of the other similar tools, like GrandPerspective, or even a program that reads all the files on your disk, like SuperDuper doing a full backup? I have to say I'm a bit suspicious that this may be an issue with your SSD, not ODS. Is this an Apple-provided SSD, or 3rd party?

Actually, just tried GrandPerspective and it worked perfectly! Will send a support email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giray View Post
Quick [and only] bump. Has anyone else had the problem of ODS corruption SSD drives?
All OmniDiskSweeper does is scan the disk asking for lists of the files in each directory, which shouldn't cause harm to any disk unless that disk is already failing.

I've been using OmniDiskSweeper frequently with my SSD drives for a few years and haven't ever encountered any issues. (All of my Macs use SSD for their boot drives.)