The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Voice recorder problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, this may be a really silly and obvious query but I'm an iphone/omnifocus newbie so apologies if it is!

For some reason I can record voice memos without any problem but can only listen to them with the headphones plugged in - is this normal? Surely if I'm able to listen to music etc without headphones, I shouldn't need them for this? Any help would be much appreciated!!

Not a silly question at all. It confused me, too. I suspect your phone has been set to silent mode. On my first-gen iPhone, with the switch in that position, no sound comes out. Flip the switch to the other position and the speaker kicks in.

I checked with the development team; they can't find (in a quick search, at least) any way to tell if the phone is muted or not. Hopefully upcoming releases of the iPhone OS make that possible - then we could at least tell you why you weren't hearing anything...

Edit: okay, they found a way. Feature request written up. :-)

Last edited by Brian; 2009-04-17 at 02:50 PM..

There is also another possibility - it is very easy to 'mute' your phone yourself by accidentally putting a finger over the speaker hole as you hold it (this often happens to me when playing some games!). It is surprisingly effective (though undesirable) at muting sound.