The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drag linked image downloads the image Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
You can, hold down shift ;)
That's not changing, thats a temporary toggle. And it doesn't work all the time. Try it on the photo I use in my example.

That being said, I humbly request that a preference be added somewhere -- even via the terminal -- to reverse the current behavior so that dragging an image saves the image and shift-drag drags the link on the image.

I use the former more often than the latter, so it would be nice if I could configure my software to work the way I need it to :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
Try it on the photo I use in my example.
Worked for me on that example.

I don't get it. Even with the shift key down, I get a Webloc.

Try http://www.thesuperficial.com/image....lli_vodka5.jpg

Same thing for me here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
I don't get it. Even with the shift key down, I get a Webloc.

Try http://www.thesuperficial.com/image....lli_vodka5.jpg

Same thing for me here...
You get different links: holding down shift, you get the link to the pic; not holding down shift, you get the link the pic points to.

I see, sorry. But how to drag the IMAGE itself?

You're right; we can't do that. I was just pointing out that the shift key does change the behavior.

Just a few things I would like to note:
- The current release notes state a known issue is "Shift-Drag linked images producing unexpected result"
- The way this should work has been defined
- The OG has stated several times that they are not looking to add/change features in 5.5 that aren't a direct result of the switch to webkit.

Okey dokey, then

It boggles the mind that this is even worth discussing. Of COURSE dragging an image should drag the image. Of COURSE. What the hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsViolet@mac.com
It boggles the mind that this is even worth discussing. Of COURSE dragging an image should drag the image. Of COURSE. What the hell?
Because sometimes an image is also a link. So if dragging a link is dragging a link, then what do you do if it's a linked image?