The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Projects in "Due Soon" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In "Due Soon" mode it would be nice to see only project titles that you could then select to see the actual steps. Basically have the project collapsed in some fashion. As it is currently, the "Due Soon" area is populated with the entire list of steps that make up each project. To me, it is very confusing to have all of the sub steps of individual projects mixed in with other single step actions.

Is there a method of setup that I am missing that can alter this current behavior?

Thanks,
Frank

Last edited by francola; 2010-05-15 at 03:43 AM..

I suggest you take a look at how you can create perspectives; select the view you want, then choose Perspectives->Save window as

Due soon is a context mode perspective. What I would do is have a look at project mode, then activate the view bar (under View, or the toolbar icon). The filter "Status filter" can then be set to "Due Soon". Then, under View again, you'll find the command "Collapse all" (Ctrl+Cmd+0)

If I understood you right, this should give you what you want. Now you can save that window as a new perspective if this is something you use often.

Regards,

Arild

Alrid's suggestion is spot on, with one minor addition - in the Perspectives window, make sure the "Preserves Expansion" box is checked for the view you're creating.

Does that help?