The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CSV export not importable by Mac Excel 2008 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Excel 2008 does not recognize either of the two CSV file types which OF allows.

The workaround appears to be to open the CSV file with TextEdit, copy it to Excel, and clean it up with Excel's Text to Columns feature.

Still, it seems odd that OF's export file is not readable by Mac Excel.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexattend View Post
Excel 2008 does not recognize either of the two CSV file types which OF allows.... Has anyone else run into this problem?
Opening a CSV file works fine for me in Excel 2008 v. 12.1.3. I exported the file from OmniFocus 1.7.3 and dragged it onto the Excel icon in my Dock.

It's true that if you use File > Open..., the CSV file is not listed as a readable type. But if you choose "All Files" in the popup at the bottom of the dialog, you can select the file and it will open.

I'm not sure why this happens and I don't have time to figure it out, but the problem is not with OmniFocus. I just exported a CSV from Numbers and Excel claims that it is not a readable file. The problem is with Excel or Office (surprise, surprise...).