The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Removing URL behaviour Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know how to remove the URL (http, mailto:) behaviour from a selection of text?

I'm writing directions for configuration a server, and these links are distracting, and never used.

I have figured out how to change the style of the text, but it still behaves as a link, i.e. clicking on it open Mail (to a non-existant address).

Cheers,
-Steve

It sounds like you have selected View->Attachments->Display Inline. If you switch to View->Attachments->Display With Tags you'll see those URLs displayed differently. Go to the Preferences and turn off the option to make typed URLs into attachments. Now go to the URLs you want to fix, open the disclosure triangle on each one, select the text in the bottom line, copy it, and paste that into the document in place of the attachment block. I'll bet that anyone who figured out how to make an Applescript that could automate doing this for an entire document would make some friends if they contributed the script...

Thanks, viewing them inline is acceptable, although they are still clickable.

There doesn't seem to be a preference to control making typed URLs into attachments...

Cheers,
- Steve

Sure there is...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	647
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1223  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Sure there is...