The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

passing parameters to export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've written an export plugin which produces html.

I've added a parameters dictionary to the info.plist with one parameter. According to the SDK:

"These parameters can be set at runtime via OmniOutliner's AppleScript support"

But how?

And how do I access the parameter in the plugin's xsl

Unfortunately the ability to use parameters with the XSLT exports broke a while ago, some point after OO 3.6, and it wasn't discovered until recently. What you would do though is use the 'set parameter' AppleScript command.

What are trying to use this parameter for? Is this some other way to accomplish it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Unfortunately the ability to use parameters with the XSLT exports broke a while ago, some point after OO 3.6, and it wasn't discovered until recently. What you would do though is use the 'set parameter' AppleScript command.

What are trying to use this parameter for? Is this some other way to accomplish it?
Ah, I see. Most unfortunate.

The error is interesting though - 'Builtin plugins are immutable' - my plugin isn't built in, therefore, can't be hard to fix ;-))

I need to pass the document name (minus extension) to the stylesheet. Perhaps I'll have to do the transformation directly?

One option would be to set the outline title (View -> Show Outline Title -> Always) manually to I guess the file name (delete the tag that's there and type it in yourself). That info will then be saved into the xml so you can access that with your transform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
One option would be to set the outline title (View -> Show Outline Title -> Always) manually to I guess the file name (delete the tag that's there and type it in yourself). That info will then be saved into the xml so you can access that with your transform.
Ah, of course! I don't even need to show the title - I can set it with AppleScript and go from there. It'll work nicely, thanks.

May I nevertheless encourage you to get the parameters thingy fixed ;-))