The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Totals of rows with ticked check box? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to create an outline of all of my backpacking equipment so that I can see the impact on total weight of choosing what to take on a particular trip.

I have created the outline with three columns; item, weight and a check box.

I would like to see the total weight show only items that have been selected with the check box.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Unfortunately, there isn't any way to conditionally include items in the summary. You have to do something like the following:

and drag rows in and out to control their inclusion in the summary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Button View Post
I'm trying to create an outline of all of my backpacking equipment so that I can see the impact on total weight of choosing what to take on a particular trip.
I am so stealing this fantastic idea.

Thanks for the suggestion. It will be a little less easy, but still worthwhile. I may add an "undecided" category where I can do the final bit of maths in my head!

Cheers